Viewing topic - Maruchi 3D Printed Figures

Return to Forum List | Go back to General Discussion

AuthorMessage
Cydewinder
(Administrator)

Nickname: President Awesome

Report this post
cyde_blast_left.gif
Hi all! We've got some Maruchi 3D Printed Figures up for sale. At the moment, we are offering untreated, treated and primed figures. In the future, a select number of painted figures will be available.

The figures are approximately 7cm long x 5cm wide x 8cm tall. They are 3D printed by us and are quite light, but strong.

We can provide the figures three ways:

Option 1: Untreated

Untreated figures are raw, straight off the printer. They have a nice finish from a distance, but up close you can see the layers of the 3D print. They are relatively smooth to the touch, and you can sand them to make them smoother. On some prints the top and the underbelly can be a bit rougher, depending on how well the support material detaches. (Click images for a closer look)

maruchi_untreated1.jpgmaruchi_untreated2.jpgmaruchi_untreated3.jpg

Option 2: Treated

Treated figures have been smoothed in Acetone vapor. They have a shiny finish, and the layer lines are now invisible. On some models, air bubbles can form and create small holes - this seems to particularly happen on the underbelly. We fix these as we can, but can't guarantee they won't occur.

maruchi1.jpgmaruchi2.jpgmaruchi3.jpg

Option 3: Primed

If you consider yourself an artist, this is the option for you. These models have been smoothed in acetone vapor, and then coated with a primer. They are ready for acrylic paint to be applied to them. We have had mixed experiences with different brands of paint so can't guarantee that any particular paint will stick well to the primer, but we can give advice as to brands that seem to work well!

Colors

Right now, we are only offering white prints. However, we can get filament in a number of different colors. We will need at least five orders to make it worthwhile getting an alternative color, so we will be operating a waiting list system. Please post below if you would prefer a different color. The main brand of filament that we are sure works is available in these colors:

genuine-abs-up-premium-5-cartons-of-2x50

Additionally, there are some alternative colors here: http://store.3dprintingsystems.com/filaments/value-abs - however, we have not tested this brand of filament, so can not guarantee good quality prints.

Price

The price for the three options is below. Shipping is the same as a single uchi plush (see http://www.clickcritters.com/uchi_plush.php). If you want to order more than one, please PM me for shipping costs.

Prices for NORMAL size
Option 1: Untreated - 1,500 Black BC + shipping
Option 2: Treated - 2,000 Black BC + shipping
Option 3: Primed - 2,500 Black BC + shipping

For a LARGE, add 2,000 Black BC
For a SMALL, subtract 500 Black BC
For a TINY, subtract 500 Black BC

For relative sizes, see image here and here (or in post further down page)

Additionally, we will be releasing limited numbers of painted models - painted by Quetzal. These will be released in limited quantities as they are completed - you can not pre-order these.

How to order

There is no limit to how many of these we can make, however we may stop selling them at some point in the future depending on demand.

To order a white figure, please ensure you have enough Black BC, and then send Cydewinder a PM including:

Which option(s) you want to buy
Your shipping address (including your name and country)

If you would like to preorder a different color, please post in this thread or send a PM to Cydewinder saying the color you are interested in. We will add you to the list, and when we get enough we will order a spool of filament. If you place a pre-order you do not have to pay the Black BC until we get the filament, but if we do get it we expect you to follow through with your order.

Any questions, post here.
cyde_blast_right.gif

28.png 265.png 180.png

Posted January 2 2017, 11:11 pm
Edited February 5 2017, 10:58 pm by Cydewinder
sed-chan
(Member)

Nickname: Sed-chan

Report this post
These look so awesome! Does Sharpie tend to stick and stay on the primed Maruchi figures? (I'm asking because I would probably use that instead of acrylic paint, since I don't have any.)

My DragCave scroll. o3o
Please help raise my dragons (and hatch the eggs). ^_^ Thank you!

Posted January 2 2017, 11:39 pm
Cydewinder
(Administrator)

Report this post
cyde_blast_left.gif
I don't see why it wouldn't - perhaps even on the treated if you let it dry and don't smudge it. However, I'll defer to Quetzal who is the art expert - I'll point her towards this in the morning!
cyde_blast_right.gif

28.png 265.png 180.png

Posted January 2 2017, 11:43 pm
lifelessalex
(Member)

Nickname: β˜† a l e x β˜† ; killjoyalex

Report this post
and you will never know what I'm thinking of
so won't you say good night, so i can say goodbye?
These look adorable, going to see wben Quetzal sells some
and you will never understand what I believe
so won't you say goodnight, so I can say goodbye?

Posted January 3 2017, 12:45 am
Eggy0
(Artist)

Nickname: Eggy

Report this post
I feel so creative! This is what I'm about to say:

I'm considering buying one of the primed ones! I'd love to try painting one lol :)
Don't put me on the list yet though. I'd like to try to get some $BCs first.
As for brands of acrylic paint, I have a couple of Marabu Decorlack colors (they look like this) and I may get more if they work. Do you have any experience with this brand and do you know if it would work well with a primed Maruchi figure?

Posted January 3 2017, 1:15 am
Multifavs
(Member)

Nickname: On Hiatus; See my User Page

Report this post

Following the Light~ Drawn by Multifavs

These look really awesome! I might be able to buy one, but I'll have to see if I can get enough $BC first.

Pikachu drawn by Multifavs

Zero Suit Samus drawn by Multifavs

My Fanfictions / My Art, Photos, Etc. / My Artsy, Crafty Christian Blog
I have decided to take a hiatus; see my User Page for more.
*~I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior and my Light!~*

Posted January 3 2017, 10:35 am
Quetzal
(Administrator)

Nickname: Lazy

Report this post
sed-chan said: These look so awesome! Does Sharpie tend to stick and stay on the primed Maruchi figures? (I'm asking because I would probably use that instead of acrylic paint, since I don't have any.)

Do not use sharpie if you're going to use a varnish. It'll make it run.

Eggy0 said: I'm considering buying one of the primed ones! I'd love to try painting one lol :)

Don't put me on the list yet though. I'd like to try to get some $BCs first.

As for brands of acrylic paint, I have a couple of Marabu Decorlack colors (they look like this) and I may get more if they work. Do you have any experience with this brand and do you know if it would work well with a primed Maruchi figure?

Never used that. I'm going to try pebeo paints today (very affordable student acrylic) to see how they go.

The current paints I use that I do know work are model paints. Vallejo game colour is very affordable and covers well, but games workshop citadel line are a bit dearer.

steen.png

Posted January 3 2017, 1:10 pm
Kijame
(Administrator)

Nickname: PICK A πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΎπŸ…³ AND πŸ…ΏπŸ†πŸ…°πŸ†ˆ

Report this post
garchomp-top.png?raw=1
Ooooh I'd love to see some more painted samples. I remember some of the ones in your stream had eyes on them. (Would you by any chance offer them with eyes painted because I couldn't draw those on to save my life XD)
garchomp-bottom.png?raw=1

sTRbrA0.pngDDA2nUB.png6nUco02.pngw4Y9twU.pngW0ea82x.png7sH8e0b.png5RqXeHd.gifxUU3j98.gif

Posted January 3 2017, 1:19 pm
Quetzal
(Administrator)

Report this post
Kijame said: Ooooh I'd love to see some more painted samples. I remember some of the ones in your stream had eyes on them. (Would you by any chance offer them with eyes painted because I couldn't draw those on to save my life XD)

Maybe, but if you mess them up, no returns ;P

steen.png

Posted January 3 2017, 1:30 pm
BlackTailmon
(Moderator)

Nickname: Tailmon, Akemi, Girl from the Card Shop

Report this post
DgJ60Nr.png

My schedule is a bit odd, so my online time is somewhat random, but I'm online very often now. ~ BlackTailmon

Would Liqutex acrylic work on these? I have a bunch of from my school stuff. XD

Posted January 3 2017, 8:44 pm
Quetzal
(Administrator)

Report this post
Yep, it should, as long as it can be thinned down with water. :)

steen.png

Posted January 3 2017, 10:41 pm
Edited January 3 2017, 10:42 pm by Quetzal
Cydewinder
(Administrator)

Report this post
cyde_blast_left.gif
As an update, due to user request (and my curiosity) we have ordered a spool of the green/yellow filament in this picture:

twisted-1kg-abs-filament-7273-500x500.jp

We've never used it before and because it's translucent we have no idea how good it will look!
cyde_blast_right.gif

28.png 265.png 180.png

Posted January 5 2017, 12:23 pm
Skully
(Artist)

Nickname: πŸ’€ Roger

Report this post
@Cydewinder, I'd be very interested to see how the prints look in that particular filament as well as the result when smoothed. Would the amount provided on each spool allow for the largest sized print possible and multiple smaller ones?

Posted January 5 2017, 12:39 pm
Cydewinder
(Administrator)

Report this post
cyde_blast_left.gif
In case anyone wants a blue figure, I found a small amount of blue filament. Probably enough for 2, maybe 3 more blue maruchi. This is the same blue as the treated image above.
cyde_blast_right.gif

28.png 265.png 180.png

Posted January 6 2017, 3:19 pm
Cydewinder
(Administrator)

Report this post
cyde_blast_left.gif
Per user request, we ordered a spool of the twisted multi color filament. This is how the first print came out:

N0A73IaKlltNV9yDONT96tG39xY9xjTpFyGGCBA9

It's really rough because the temperature setting was wrong so it created lots of "spikes" when it didn't want to print anymore. I'm doing another now with a lower temperature to see if it's better. I'll also do a hollow one to see if I can get some of the translucency.

Just an update if anyone's interested!
cyde_blast_right.gif

28.png 265.png 180.png

Posted January 10 2017, 12:56 am
lifelessalex
(Member)

Nickname: β˜† a l e x β˜† ; killjoyalex

Report this post
and you will never know what I'm thinking of
so won't you say good night, so i can say goodbye?
I love that!! I really should buy one, but I'll need the BC first XD
and you will never understand what I believe
so won't you say goodnight, so I can say goodbye?

Posted January 10 2017, 10:25 am
Axov
(Moderator)

Report this post
The answer may be no, but is it possible to be printed with same color as a normal maruchi ?

Like this one ; and obviously without the wings. Colored body, eyes with another color and so the belly and feets.

elemental_maruchi_water.png

"You don't know when it will arrive.. One day, your heart will fade."

Posted January 10 2017, 10:43 am
Cydewinder
(Administrator)

Report this post
cyde_blast_left.gif
@Umi: Our 3D printer (and the vast majority of 3D printers) can only print in one color. The multicolor one I posted previous is created by using a multicolored filament. It's a novelty filament, and much harder to work with!

The only way to get the effect you're looking for is to paint one.
cyde_blast_right.gif

28.png 265.png 180.png

Posted January 10 2017, 11:27 am
Skully
(Artist)

Nickname: πŸ’€ Roger

Report this post
@Cyde, How's the testing with the multicolor with different temperature settings and a hollow version going? Do you have any new pictures to show? Would the first test of that color be for sale?

Also, would you like to post pictures of painted maruchi figures if you have some finished ones? Is there is a price in mind for these yet?

Posted January 28 2017, 9:15 am
Axov
(Moderator)

Report this post
Painting...... Could Quetzal paint it Γ΄.o?

"You don't know when it will arrive.. One day, your heart will fade."

Posted January 30 2017, 7:33 am
Phantom
(Artist)

Nickname: On a holiday! be back 1 oct

Report this post

phan

Sometimes, you don't always have to be mature

same question as umi! could there be an option that steen could paint it? because not everyone's good with painting ^^'

if it would mean that we have to pay for it being painted, i wouldn't mind that as well, if it means it won't be messed up due us being terrible at painting XD

pp

As long as you enjoy what you love

Posted January 30 2017, 7:40 am
Cydewinder
(Administrator)

Report this post
cyde_blast_left.gif
An update on the multicolor filament, and a price reduction.

First, I've managed to get the multicolor filament working well, but we will only sell these treated as they require significant sanding to get rid of all the sharp bits. Images below:

IMAG0871.jpgIMAG0872.jpgIMAG0873.jpg

We have four sizes, with the following prices:

LARGE: 4,000 Black BC + shipping
NORMAL: 2,000 Black BC + shipping
SMALL: 1,500 Black BC + shipping
TINY: 1,500 Black BC + shipping

The tiny is the same price as the small because it takes multiple prints to get a good one.

These prices apply to the white and blue filament too (see original post)
cyde_blast_right.gif

28.png 265.png 180.png

Posted February 5 2017, 10:55 pm
Kevin
(Member)

Report this post

Ahhh these are so adorable, I really like the wacky multicolor in particular.

I have to wonder how painting eyes onto a multicolor one would go, hmm.

protagsignature_by_greaseroach-dbhdhcv.p

Posted February 11 2017, 5:26 am
Aiieve
(Member)

Nickname: Aii

Report this post

β€œ s h h ”

β˜… β˜… β˜… β˜…
Tiny ones are adooorable!

JyvgDxE.png

Posted July 28 2017, 6:44 pm
Return to Forum List | Go back to General Discussion
You must be registered to post on this site.

Thursday September 21 2017 7:43 pm
27 users online | About Us | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

All original content on clickcritters.com, dinomon.com, flyffables.com is (c) 2007-2017 Internoodles Limited
All other copyrighted characters are copyrighted by their respective licence holders. We are only a fan site and do not claim ownership of any licensed characters we draw.