Viewing topic - CE Using Keyboard Shortcuts

Return to Forum List | Go back to User Submitted Guides

Go to page: [1] | 2

AuthorMessage
Nayelianne
(Member)

Nickname: Ny / Naye

Report this post
I believe many of you have seen 2tim20's post about How to CE with an Xbox Controller. But not all people here have an xbox controller or might feel like plugging it in just for CE. That's why I decided build one that works on your keyboards (and with extra buttons) :)

Now let's get into the fun

What does this do?
It's a script that allows you to use your keyboard in the Light CE to click each adopt and change between adopts and even add $BC rows (if you want to) all without the need of a mouse. It uses AutoHotKey to run.

I opted to use the numpad keys so the script wouldn't interfere with regular typing and computer usage. I thought it'd be better than having to pause it too often if, like me, you tend to multitask while you CE. All the keys can be remapped to whatever key you prefer by messing with the code a little.

4RcKSzd.jpg

The "$BC Row" key is a little far from the rest of the buttons because I feared some clumsy people (like me) could accidentally click it, but you're free to change it.

How do I get this to run?
1. First you'll need to download and install AutoHotKey

2. Open notepad and insert the Raw paste data from either:
a) this pastebin for the fixed coordinate version(in which the mouse position for each adopt isn't variable) OR
b) the random coordinate version (if you'd rather have it click a different position inside an area) in it.
I personally feel the fixed version works faster, and is probably easier to understand and configure. On both links the coordinates are configured for a 1920x1200 resolution (and on google chrome with the bookmark bar set to always display). If those aren't your configurations, you will have to change these coordinates accordingly. Scroll down further to see how to find out the coordinates.

3.Save it as an .ahk file anywhere on your computer:
0IMOiC5.png

4. Double click it to run.
You can pause, restart or terminate this script by right clicking the AutoHotKey icon on your system tray.
ZYHbvHE.png

How do I know the right coordinates for my monitor and browser?

You'll need to take a screenshot (Print Screen button if you're on windows), open Paint and paste it (ctrl+v) there. Then click the brush tool and simply hover above the part of the image you want to find the coordinates to. They will be displayed at the bottom left corner of the application. The first number is the X (horizontal) coordinate, and the second number is the Y (vertical) coordinate.
After that you simply change the numbers on the code to those that work for you. It might take a couple of tries if you get something wrong, but you can do it! :)

Edit: Made somewhat more visual instructions to this bit to help people out.

1. Hit the print screen button on your keyboard when you're at the CE.
2. On your computer taskbar, write "Paint" on the search bar, and then open the program.
ArYCKhP.png
3. Once inside the Paint application, hit ctrl+v, your screenshot should now have been pasted. Find and write down the coordinates according to this screenie's instructions (click the image for full size). Basically you need to hover your mouse over the places you want to check for coordinates.

9BembDK.png
4. Now that you have the coordinates, simply transfer the numbers to the script. In some cases it might not work perfectly at first, but usually by doing small tweaks in amounts of 2~10px and then reloading the script you'll quickly find the right ones. xD

Making changes/understanding the code
When changing the code while the script is running, remember to double click it again to reopen it with the updated code, or close the script when making alterations to it.

I commented the text to help it make a little less confusing, comments start with ;

The Fixed Coordinate version is a little easier to understand I think, simply replace the x and y coordinates for those you want (the numbers). you can know which button is assigned to what by looking at the comments.

BUT IF you're using the random coordinate version:

Get:    
Random, 1x, 855, 949 ; x min and max coordinates for the left adopt
Random, 1y, 195, 308 ; y min and max coordinates for the left adopt

This makes the script get a random value for a variable. 1x is the name of the variable, and it corresponds to another part of the code further below. Each of these variables have their own names.
Let's say the current script is making you click the left adopt too far to the right, and you want to make it click a bit more to the left. You'll change the minimum and maximum x coordinates, 855, 949, to whatever number suits your screen (655, 749 for example).

Click  %1x%, %1y%

^ This bit of the code is the variables being applied, they go inside %%, when in action, it automatically replaces the variable name for the number obtained on the "Get" part of the code. You don't really have to worry about changing anything in these parts unless it's something like this:

Click, %selectadpt%, 550  ;this number is the y coordinate

In that case you might have to change the 550 to whatever vertical (y) coordinate works for your screen.

I want this to activate only if I have numlock ON or numlock OFF
Currently the scripts works whether you have numlock on or off by using something like this

NumpadRight::
Numpad6::
Click %2x%, %2y%
Return

Do you see there are two numpad instances responding to the code? That's what you'll need to change for every key. Simply delete or comment out (by adding a ; before it) the part you want to stop working. In this case, if you wanted it to work with numlock ON only, you'd delete "NumpadRight::". If you wanted to make it work with numlock OFF only, you'd delete "Numpad6::". And so on for each of the others keys.

My keyboard doesn't have a numpad! Or I want to use different shortcut keys
Each key is marked by a :: after them on the code. To change it to another key, use this as a reference.

So if instead of using the right numpad for clicking the right adopt you wanted to use the number 2 on your keyboard you'd change

NumpadRight::
Numpad6::
Click %2x%, %2y%
Return

to

2::
Click %2x%, %2y%
Return

I don't like using random variables! It bugs me to see it change or this is all too confusing
Just use the code on the first pastebin link and edit it to your coordinates, it's easier than the second. :)

Other things
Feel free to reply this thread with your altered scripts, so people with the same resolutions/browsers can use them without having to mess around with the code themselves. I'll edit this post to include them for everyone's easy access, with credits of course. :)

Also, feel free to suggest other type of alterations. It's my first time building an AutoHotKey script, so there might be simpler ways to do this, I have no idea, but I'm open to hearing about it.

My party at Vdex project!
icon_cursed.png

Posted June 15 2014, 5:36 pm
Edited August 13 2014, 8:49 pm by Nayelianne
CelestialPancake
(Member)

Nickname: Pancake, cp, ??

Report this post
this is an awesome idea but i dont have a keyboard that has the side ones i have a lpatop withot it..

~Thanks! ~Will ALWAYS be buying army adopts: www.clickcritters.com/user_page.php?id=202305 ~Feel free to pm me i dont mind ~CelestialPancake

Posted June 16 2014, 2:16 am
Techdude7
(Member)

Nickname: Tenor

Report this post
I love you XD truly hope this never breaks and I will definitely be using this

Posted June 16 2014, 9:23 am
Nayelianne
(Member)

Report this post
CelestialPancakes, you can reconfigure all the keys to the regular number keys, arrow keys or letter keys on your laptop if you'd like (I can help you if you're having problems with it, you just have to tell me which keys you want doing what x3) the only downside is that you'd probably have to pause the script every time you wanted to use the keys to type in the middle of CEing, unless you can find some keys you rarely use, haha.

And glad you liked it Techdude7, hope it works well for you. I know having to get all the coordinates is a bit troublesome but at least my sore wrist thanked me in the end, haha. XD

icon_cursed.png

Posted June 16 2014, 12:14 pm
Atticus
(Member)

Nickname: Atti

Report this post
Wow thank you so much^^ This has helped me so much with clicking. This is an amazing guide.
CelestialPancake said: this is an awesome idea but i dont have a keyboard that has the side ones i have a lpatop withot it..

You can still change it for a laptop. That's what I did. I literally have no skills with coding what so ever, but she explains how to change it perfectly in the post.

"People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up." ~ Tyrion Lannister

67148.png

Posted June 16 2014, 12:49 pm
CelestialPancake
(Member)

Nickname: Pancake, cp, ??

Report this post
@Nayelianne
thanks! okay~
@Atticus
really? cool!

~Thanks! ~Will ALWAYS be buying army adopts: www.clickcritters.com/user_page.php?id=202305 ~Feel free to pm me i dont mind ~CelestialPancake

Posted June 17 2014, 1:38 am
rafaft
(Member)

Nickname: Rafa

Report this post
This must be one of the best scripts I have ever put my hands on. If not the best itself.
Thank you so much!
Also, very good guide!

Posted June 21 2014, 10:02 am
Nayelianne
(Member)

Report this post
Aw, I'm flattered, thanks rafaft. I'm glad it's helping some people! <3

icon_cursed.png

Posted June 24 2014, 10:52 pm
Eggy0
(Artist)

Nickname: Eggy

Report this post
I feel so creative! This is what I'm about to say:

Amazing guide :) I tried it, and it works! Had to change some coordinates since I don't have a 1920x1200 resolution monitor, and I didn't even have to experiment to get it right. Also, I made mine always click in the middle of the adopt I want to click. :P

Posted June 25 2014, 5:55 am
WizKK
(Member)

Report this post
Thanks for the guide :)

Posted June 26 2014, 2:36 am
Mega_Shark
(Member)

Nickname: Thresher, Sharky, Mama Shark

Report this post
I had no idea you could use hotkeys for cc. Thank you!

4138346.png4138353.png4138355.png4138356.png

Posted June 29 2014, 10:45 pm
Flamewire
(Member)

Nickname: Flame

Report this post
- ♪ - ♫ - ♪ - ♫ - ♪ - ♫ - ♪ -

I tweaked this by making it only activate on the CE. I did this because I didn't want the script to click all over the screen whenever I used the number pad for non-CE things xD

Code:
SetTitleMatchMode, 1
#IfWinActive, www.clickcritters.com/clickexchange.php
{
** put the rest of the script here **
}

What this does: #IfWinActive checks the window (or tab) title to see if it matches a certain expression. But you'll notice that the light CE's title is www.clickcritters.com/clickexchange.php?some_random_stuff_here, and it changes on every click. So we use SetTitleMatchMode to change how the script detects page titles. By putting a 1 as the parameter, the script will detect any page that starts with www.clickcritters.com/clickexchange.php as a match.

What we've just done is make the script check that you're actually on the light CE. If you are, the script will work. If not, your number keys won't click all over the page!

Posted July 11 2014, 10:46 am
Nayelianne
(Member)

Report this post
Thanks flame! That's really useful xD

After realizing there's no harm in having set coordinates (I was afraid it might trigger some anti-cheat protection on the CE or something, for always clicking on the exact same spot)... I decided to try it out as well, and it feels faster to me. Much easier and less overwhelming to edit too, the code is much smaller. And it's great not to have the mouse flying around the screen as much :')

I edited the main post with a fixed coordinate version for anyone who might be interested and hasn't done that already. It's on 1920x1200 as well as the earlier version, but you guys know the drill. x3

I also kept the old instructions and the link for the random coordinate version just in case someone might prefer it that way.

icon_cursed.png

Posted July 11 2014, 11:40 am
Edited July 11 2014, 12:02 pm by Nayelianne
helix9
(Member)

Nickname: Helix

Report this post
PRAISE KAKILANPRAISE KAKILAN

Finally got around to adding this, and the fixed coordinate version with Flame's additional code works wonders! If only I had actually been smart enough to have used it for the great day of click whoops XD

CURSED

Posted July 13 2014, 12:28 am
Sherlock
(Member)

Nickname: Sherly / Vul

Report this post
Anyone know if there's a version of AHK for Mac?
(Or an alternate program that has the same function?)

Posted July 17 2014, 4:05 pm
Edited July 17 2014, 4:08 pm by Sherlock
Flamewire
(Member)

Nickname: Flame

Report this post

A quick search found me AutoKey. It does not have as many features as AHK, but it seems to be a decent alternative. This guide won't work, and you'll have to figure it out for yourself, but ... it's an option.

Posted July 17 2014, 4:17 pm
Sherlock
(Member)

Nickname: Sherly / Vul

Report this post
Flame: I'll look into it but I may just start CE-ing on my old Netbook with XP on it. Depends how easily bored I get hahah. Thank you!

Posted July 17 2014, 4:52 pm
Mauhea
(Member)

Nickname: Mau

Report this post
Thank you making this so easy to understand! I was totally stumped but your descriptions really helped. ^_^ Now to keep tweaking it until I find which keys are most comfy for my poor abused wrists!

New to the site? Why not give Welcome to CC - A New User's Guide a read? Feedback and content suggestions greatly appreciated!

Posted July 27 2014, 1:21 am
Whitey
(Member)

Nickname: Fox

Report this post
16ibplu.png
Much more relaxing. Thank you so much for this.
16ibplu.png

Posted July 28 2014, 5:51 pm
Oblivion Flower
(Member)

Nickname: OF

Report this post
THANKS a lot, I seem to click much faster using keyboard and with less errors, though I really don't understand why XD.
Really nice! =)
=3

To Plat: the best friend one could ever imagine - and to myself: the luckiest one in the world.

Posted August 3 2014, 3:49 am
MasterWuGui
(Member)

Nickname: MasterShiFu

Report this post
Sorry, But how can I find the max and min coordinates, really confused with the coordinates part

My Pride:

Posted August 12 2014, 5:11 am
Nayelianne
(Member)

Report this post
I'm really happy this script is being of use! c:

@MasterWuGui:
1. Hit the print screen button on your keyboard when you're at the CE.
2. On your computer taskbar, write "Paint" on the search bar, and then open the program.
ArYCKhP.png
3. Once inside the Paint application, hit ctrl+v, your screenshot should now have been pasted. Find and write down the coordinates according to this screenie's instructions (click the image for full size). Basically you need to hover your mouse over the places you want to check for coordinates.

9BembDK.png
4. Now that you have the coordinates, simply transfer the numbers to the script. In some cases it might not work perfectly at first, but usually by doing small tweaks in amounts of 2~10px and then reloading the script you'll quickly find the right ones. xD

Hopefully this helps, I'm not sure how to explain it better than that through text and screenies, haha. xD

icon_cursed.png

Posted August 12 2014, 6:57 pm
Edited August 12 2014, 7:00 pm by Nayelianne
MasterWuGui
(Member)

Nickname: MasterShiFu

Report this post
ahh ok, figured it out yesterday, this one is less confusing then the xbox guide

My Pride:

Posted August 12 2014, 9:09 pm
gundum_grrl
(Member)

Nickname: gundum, gigi, GG

Report this post
photo tumblr_nqvdt1gwOf1unx8uwo1_500_zpssubw9h0j.gif
Anyone know how to do this on a mac?
tumblr_me4aekkVrh1qfrcg7o2_r1_500.gif

Posted October 9 2014, 5:02 pm
Bladluis
(Member)

Report this post
This is great! Thanks for sharing!

Posted November 8 2014, 5:43 am

Go to page: [1] | 2

Return to Forum List | Go back to User Submitted Guides
You must be registered to post on this site.

Monday September 16 2019 3:40 pm
22 users online | About Us | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

All original content on clickcritters.com, dinomon.com, flyffables.com is (c) 2007-2019 Internoodles Limited
All other copyrighted characters are copyrighted by their respective licence holders. We are only a fan site and do not claim ownership of any licensed characters we draw.