Viewing topic - Make newer Puffs less common?

Return to Forum List | Go back to Ideas and Suggestions

AuthorMessage
lifelessalex
(Member)

Nickname: cal!

Report this post
Let's be honest, having the new Puffs being common before the #medals was awesome, but you only have to look at the fact that all 10 #medals on the Yang Flufee were gone in less than 14 minutes to realise that it's super unfair on other timezones, and those people who simply were offline.

And for the whole argument of 'collection %ers (is that the name?) wanting them', then, since they aren't leaving the CF, it isn't that difficult to just wait to get them, so surely you could wait?

Yeah, I don't know XD

11118139.gif12429329.gif12436740.gif11199682.gif11228643.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 8:21 am
Edited February 11 2018, 8:34 am by lifelessalex
xXFrostXx
(Member)

Nickname: Frost Angel

Report this post
5jEy11G.gif
I agree with this, at least for common puffs

join.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 8:46 am
Kijame
(Member)

Nickname: PICK A πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΎπŸ…³ AND πŸ…ΏπŸ†πŸ…°πŸ†ˆ

Report this post
garchomp-top.png?raw=1
UnhappyCriminalAmmonite-size_restricted.

I mean, puffs were made more common for new kinds so people would have a better shot at getting them in the first place. And you were right there when the Puffs were released. Getting them was a matter of luck more than anything. Would you still have made this topic if you had grabbed one of the first 10 medals for the common puffs?

Last release, we had a lot of soulless and uncommon Puffs grabbed shortly after the release as well. It's all RNG! Maybe you didn't luck out this time. Neither did I. That's just how it goes. You can still keep trying for the uncommon and soulless ones and there's surely also some older puffs, at least of the soulless variety, where medals are available. So don't give up! And don't let missing out get to you. You too will have your chance to shine.
garchomp-bottom.png?raw=1

βœ… #Frede-rekt
tumblr_inline_nyp2c1Z08I1rknj9i_500.gif

sTRbrA0.pngDDA2nUB.png6nUco02.pngw4Y9twU.pngW0ea82x.png7sH8e0b.png5RqXeHd.gifxUU3j98.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 9:16 am
Hubba98
(Moderator)

Nickname: McDreamy

Report this post
I have to agree with the dawg/Kija.

The CF is entirely RNG based, so it all really depends on luck. If you're here for the release, great! If not, there will always be more in the future! Plus, the uncommon and soulless varieties still have 0 # medals, leaving them up for users to grab in the coming days and maybe even weeks!

5940839.gif 6144668.gif 6129931.gif 5987201.gif 7968325.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 9:23 am
DarkSunshine92
(Administrator)

Nickname: Dark, Darkums, Darkyboo, Darky or SunnyD

Report this post
tumblr_pk5v2pkzUt1uhfbxpo2_400.png

I agree with Kija on this one, and do not think it needs to be changed.

Sure, it's fun getting medals and all, but not all medals go that fast! As Kija said, you could try for uncommon or soulless puffs. ^^

When it comes to the timezone thing, do remember that puffs are not released at the same time of day every time. I know this as I've been asleep when puffs have been released, and I am totally fine with it. Sure, it lowers my chance to get a #medal, but there will come other times where I might have more luck :)
tumblr_pk5v2pkzUt1uhfbxpo1_400.png
tumblr_pk5v2pkzUt1uhfbxpo3_400.png

Boo

Posted February 11 2018, 9:27 am
xXFrostXx
(Member)

Report this post
5jEy11G.gif
I understand your points but I still do not like the same person getting two+ of the number medals for one puff. I think there should be like a two minute cooldown between CF plays

join.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 9:34 am
Kijame
(Member)

Report this post
garchomp-top.png?raw=1
So your issue is more about someone getting more than one instead? By that reasoning we'd have to lock everyone out of the Freedom Forest, QA, CE or shop who gets a medal of something too.

There's always going to be people who are lucky and/or dedicated enough to grab more than one medal. But changing the entire game because you didn't get it your way seems a bit excessive, no? And you said yourself earlier in the CB that you can hunt stressfree now that the medals (for the common puff) are gone.

βœ… #Frede-rekt

sTRbrA0.pngDDA2nUB.png6nUco02.pngw4Y9twU.pngW0ea82x.png7sH8e0b.png5RqXeHd.gifxUU3j98.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 9:47 am
lifelessalex
(Member)

Nickname: cal!

Report this post
Kijame said: So your issue is more about someone getting more than one instead? By that reasoning we'd have to lock everyone out of the Freedom Forest, QA, CE or shop who gets a medal of something too.

There's always going to be people who are lucky and/or dedicated enough to grab more than one medal. But changing the entire game because you didn't get it your way seems a bit excessive, no? And you said yourself earlier in the CB that you can hunt stressfree now that the medals (for the common puff) are gone.

More just to reduce the chances of them getting multiple. QA/FF/shops have a cooldown, so why not for the CF too? And not a long one, like 1-3 minutes at most.

11118139.gif12429329.gif12436740.gif11199682.gif11228643.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 9:50 am
Kijame
(Member)

Report this post
garchomp-top.png?raw=1
FF cooldown can be circumvented with bribes and you can even choose what egg you want if there's several in stock. QA doesn't cost you anything to play, CF does. Adding a cooldown to it on top of risking your currency when there's a chance you come up empty-handed seems like a big turn-off, especially given the puff intelligence level, which some people are already struggling with plenty.

βœ… #Frede-rekt

Posted February 11 2018, 9:55 am
xXFrostXx
(Member)

Report this post
5jEy11G.gif
I understand. I'll just be quiet now. I guess I still kinda wish the numbers for adopts outside monthlies never became a thing. It ruined puff hunting and restocking shop adopts for me in a way.

join.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 10:10 am
Kijame
(Member)

Report this post
garchomp-top.png?raw=1
Sadly we cannot meet everyone's desires for optimized gameplay. The medals were something we polled on and the majority of users voted in favour, thus we finally instated them.

There are still things where numbers are of no concerns, such as cashies or prems, or certain shop adopts from Eggery and Prize Store.

You are always free to suggest how to improve something. Constructive criticism can help us do better! But it is important to understand that we cannot cater to everything an individual wishes for. None of this is being done to ruin your personal gameplay experience, but rather to enhance it, based on what most people want to see around the site.

And really, wanting a better chance at a number isn't a bad thing. It's just that the "nobody should have more than one" mentality that can be hurtful to people who lucked out and/or worked hard to get those medals. We understand it can be frustrating when someone is luckier than others. That's human and even I am not free of sometimes feeling like it's not fair. But that feeling tends to pass when I realize the instances where I am or have been luckier than others! I'm sure you too have had moments that made others envious and you would have been quite sad if they had weathered a storm against your winning.

I think the best way to move forward from things disappointing you is to find things that make you happy, and who knows, maybe you'll end up having an idea that revolutionizes gameplay or introduces a new feature! Channel that frustration into awesomeness! Some of the best things have come from massive rants (like the Light CE!) done in a constructive manner.

We always welcome feedback. It is most valuable when it helps make CC a better experience for everyone, rather than punishing some people that you might feel are too lucky.

βœ… #Frede-rekt

Posted February 11 2018, 10:37 am
Enderan
(Banned)

Nickname: Just Enderan

Report this post
i agree with kija on this, it's not needed to make the newer puffs rarer again.

just like with the flutterbearie puffs, which all were uncommon, most were grabbed rather fast, so it's RNG, except this time, the fluffee had a common version.
i bet that kija will keep things excited with puff sets, like how the kounix were all common (except the soulless ones) and the flutterbearie were all uncommon (except the soulless ones)

people can get more than 1. it's up to those people if they decide to hunt for more or to stop playing to give others a chance. with shop adopts, same thing. if a person decide to try and get more than one, so be it. it's frustrating to some, but it's frustrating for the person who got more than one to hear about how people think it's greedy of them.
we can't please everyone.

so far, you'll always get a chance to get one through the variations of the rarities. just be patient and keep trying ^^

when everything doesn't go right, go left.

Posted February 11 2018, 11:29 am
xXFrostXx
(Member)

Report this post
5jEy11G.gif
I understand. I'll probably never like the # medals on puffs/shop adopts but that's my problem. I'll probably end up closing the cb any time a new puff set is released so I don't have to see people getting the #s as seeing it will automatically make me feel upset. That alone will help me a lot. I'm not asking to be pleased. I only wish I had known when I voted for the numbers that puffs and shop adopts would get them. I didn't read well enough and that's my fault. I'm sorry I've been taking it out on those who get lucky.

join.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 11:43 am
Kijame
(Member)

Report this post
garchomp-top.png?raw=1
I definitely try my best to vary release times so it's not always around reset or always at 1pm or whichever. And for Puff sets, the rarities need to be balanced and the Flutterbearies helped counter the Kounix. With sets larger than 3 I get to ponder how to best handle rarity. We don't have a lot of sets like that but I know there's at least one more set of 4 in the queue. I always put a lot of thought in everything I release! (Probably too much thought if you ask Cyde, haha.)

Also re:poll, yeah I recall Cyde saying it'd be for anything that requires effort and/or luck, so we don't favour one particular set of people over another when it comes to medal availability.

And Frost, I know you have this problem quite a bit, and Cyde, I and other members have pointed out various coping strategies. Of course we want you to have fun and feel welcome, so if you can think of anything that we can do together, please let us know. Everyone should be having fun around here. :)

βœ… #Frede-rekt

Posted February 11 2018, 11:52 am
xXFrostXx
(Member)

Report this post
5jEy11G.gif
Yeah, it's a problem I don't really know the best way to deal with since I'm only upset for about a minute or so before I stop caring and move on. I guess I don't do all that well in a competitive environment. Anything involving competition is enough to get me infuriated when I want to take part but it's either too late as the medals on the adopt I want are gone or I'm just too slow. I prefer the QAs and FFs where it's purely RNG and I enjoy ceing those for potential numbers.

join.gif

Posted February 11 2018, 12:09 pm
Return to Forum List | Go back to Ideas and Suggestions
You must be registered to post on this site.

Sunday April 5 2020 8:10 am
36 users online | About Us | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

All original content on clickcritters.com, dinomon.com, flyffables.com is (c) 2007-2020 Internoodles Limited
All other copyrighted characters are copyrighted by their respective licence holders. We are only a fan site and do not claim ownership of any licensed characters we draw.