Viewing topic - Pokemon Sword and Shield

Return to Forum List | Go back to Gaming

Go to page: [1] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

AuthorMessage
Hubba98
(Moderator)

Nickname: McDreamy

Report this post
What does everyone think of the new games and starters?

I personally love the layout of the new region. I can't wait to see what they add to the game!

5940839.gif 6144668.gif 6129931.gif 5987201.gif 7968325.gif

Posted March 1 2019, 1:06 pm
Vajra
(Moderator)

Nickname: Vaporeon in Boots, Boots

Report this post
vaporeon-upper.png?raw=1
I'm excited, but I don't really know what I want my starter to be. I'll have to wait for version exclusives to be shown before I can fully dedicate to a version, but right now I want Shield more.
black-rain-boots.png?raw=1

137558.png Avatar is my fursuit by Fish-R-Furiends Studios!
hawvp.png2iA2k.pngtkh5.pngoOvKR.pngW3Lj.png

Posted March 2 2019, 9:35 am
Eggy0
(Artist)

Nickname: Eggy

Report this post
I feel so creative! This is what I'm about to say:

I'm hoping I'll be able to get one of the new games! Need a Switch first though haha. I'm already gravitating towards the water starter and Shield as my potential choices for the version and starter.
Pretty stoked for all the new Pokemon too :)

Posted March 3 2019, 8:44 am
Leoniecute
(Artist)

Nickname: Leo

Report this post
So excited! As for starters I'm leaning towards scorbunny, but it really depends on their final evolutions. Likewise with Eggy I need to buy a Switch first though. I guess a new pokemon gen is really is the definitive push I needed to buy one... Ah these consoles keep getting pricier though ^^'

205140.png

Posted March 3 2019, 10:33 am
Hubba98
(Moderator)

Report this post
I completely agree! I need to see all of the evolutions/legendary exclusives before I decide which game to get XD

Right now, I really like Scorbunny as the starter

Posted March 3 2019, 11:30 am
Roan
(Administrator)

Nickname: Roo, Roro, Ruwu or Roonicorn

Report this post
cjFyx4m.png

From just the title, I would go with Sword, but yeah, I think I will also wait for the exclusive Pokémon to be shown first. Usually I go by that

As for starter, I would go with the bunny
I like fire types and it's the only one who's design I like
But there, I may also wait to see the evos first

FE14_Zero_Outlaw_Map_Sprite.gif
The Truth Is Out There

Posted March 3 2019, 11:38 am
Wind
(Member)

Report this post
Sobble team here! I'm interested in the region's pokemon, I wonder if they'll add regional variants like in Alola?

WISHLIST
-Byuri (Neon Blue) -Kiro (Angelic) -Kiro (Pangolin) -Kiro (Demon Dogoat) -Kiro (Bat) -Kiro (Gazelle) -Kiro (Jackal) -Kiro (Mantis) -Kiro (Moonlight) -Woodland Sero Vulpaw (Minty)

Selling adopts for $BC or a Prototype Nasein! PM me.
Current Black Bottlecap Count: 167
Need: 300

Looking for puzzle pieces 8, 14 and 18. PM me!

RIP my 1st edition Bombpup, mysteriously disappeared from my account, I can still hear its voice

Posted March 10 2019, 5:31 pm
Hubba98
(Moderator)

Report this post
Wind said: Sobble team here! I'm interested in the region's pokemon, I wonder if they'll add regional variants like in Alola?

That would be really fascinating to see. I wonder if they'll just do something new for the new region, like mega evolutions and regionals.

Posted March 10 2019, 6:35 pm
jaden545
(Member)

Report this post
i'm dead-set on Grookey. it's just TOO CUTE! i want both games, lol.

† I'm a Catholic. <3 That means that I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature! †

Posted March 11 2019, 2:15 pm
Peanuts
(Member)

Report this post
uqjM1Zj.png

Based on the title and logo, I'd go for Sword. As for the starters, I also usually decide on which final evolution I like best. Right now Scorbunny is my least favorite, which is the first time I dislike the fire starter. Lots of people seem to think armored evolution will be a thing. I guess that could be considered the regional variants?

tiLpjbs.png

Posted March 12 2019, 4:59 am
jaden545
(Member)

Report this post
just recently heard from a Gamestop employee that Sword & Shield MAY be released earlier than the end of this year. She said it's common for that to happen for Pokemon games.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

† I'm a Catholic. <3 That means that I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature! †

Posted March 12 2019, 12:48 pm
KasumiFoxen
(Member)

Nickname: Kasumi

Report this post
So far I'm all in for Pokemon Sword. It's going to depend on the Legendary and or the game exclusives (If there are any.)
So far I'm also for Sobble as my starter. Reason being because it's a reptile and I love reptiles~ I've never been a huge fan of Rabbit/Bunny/Monkey themed pokemon but, we'll see once their final evos come out, what they look like and what their type is.

I'm also glad that gyms are back. In my opinion, I like them more than the trials.

However, I am a bit sad that it looks like normal/random encounters in grass patches are back rather than what they did for the Lets Go games. I really liked encountering pokemon that way. But, that's not going to turn me away from the games. Just thought it was a cool idea I was hoping they would stick with.

Lastly, I really hope they let pokemon follow you again. I absolutely love that feature and wish it was in every game.

Posted March 13 2019, 4:52 pm
jaden545
(Member)

Report this post
i'm hoping for the following Pokemon feature staying too! it's got to be my favorite feature in the Let's Go games.

Honestly, i actually am looking forward to regular wild battles again.

I can't wait to know what types the Gyms are. maybe new types will be released?

Posted March 13 2019, 7:05 pm
Wind
(Member)

Report this post
I'm hoping for a Dark gym, it's way overdue.

(Am I the only one who liked the trials?)

WISHLIST
-Byuri (Neon Blue) -Kiro (Angelic) -Kiro (Pangolin) -Kiro (Demon Dogoat) -Kiro (Bat) -Kiro (Gazelle) -Kiro (Jackal) -Kiro (Mantis) -Kiro (Moonlight) -Woodland Sero Vulpaw (Minty)

Selling adopts for $BC or a Prototype Nasein! PM me.
Current Black Bottlecap Count: 167
Need: 300

Looking for puzzle pieces 8, 14 and 18. PM me!

RIP my 1st edition Bombpup, mysteriously disappeared from my account, I can still hear its voice

Posted March 13 2019, 9:02 pm
KasumiFoxen
(Member)

Report this post
I did like the trails, I just prefer gyms over them. SoS and totem pokemon were actually pretty cool. And of course, a few trials were better than others in my opinion.

Dark gym would be awesome. Hopefully we will get one ^^ New types would be neat as well, unsure what kind of type we could get though. I remember back when fairy came out I was totally not expecting that to be a type. So, could be anything.

Wondering if they're going to introduce another new way to shiny hunt too or if they're going to bring things like DexNav/Poke Radar back.

Posted March 13 2019, 10:31 pm
Eggy0
(Artist)

Nickname: Eggy

Report this post
I feel so creative! This is what I'm about to say:

I too hope there will be a gym that specializes in Dark type Pokemon. Really wondering why there hasn't been one, I kind of wish I would get to fight something like a ninja master as the gym leader that utilizes Weavile, Hydreigon and/or Malamar :')
I'm likewise curious about shiny hunting, especially as I have never really done this before. Thankfully though I've made a firm decision that I would earn enough money to get a Switch (with me buying Splatoon 2 to prove it and to motivate myself), so I can't wait to get into shiny hunting once I get the game and advance as far as the game needs me to before unlocking that ability :)

Posted March 14 2019, 7:11 am
KasumiFoxen
(Member)

Report this post
If they do, I wonder if they will bring back megas and introduce one or two new mega pokemon that are dark type. I highly doubt it but that would be neat. A ninja as a gym leader would be awesome~ Malamar is freaky xD

I think Dex Nav is my favorite shiny hunting method. SoS was nice too. A little bit boring since you just KO each pokemon that shows up but that made it pretty easy to focus on something else while doing it. Poke Radar was hard. Never successfully radar'd anything xD Hoard battles were nice too, even if they weren't specifically meant to be a shiny hunt method it was always fun to do them until a shiny showed up.

That's awesome that you're working towards getting one! I did the same the moment I heard that pokemon was moving to the switch. I love pokemon too much to not do so. It just sucks how expensive the system is and now the games are even more expensive as well. Guess that's how it always is though.

Posted March 14 2019, 8:31 pm
Hubba98
(Moderator)

Report this post
I'm also excited to see the shiny method! They finally made it so that it's challenging to find them, but not impossible and worth the time.

I think a dark gym would be sooo cool. The trials were a fun break from the gyms so I'd like to see them be more inventive with gyms and types and such :)

Posted March 16 2019, 7:38 am
KasumiFoxen
(Member)

Report this post
Yep! Should be interesting~ I wonder if they will yet again change the shiny animation or not. Personally, I preffer X/Y ORAS Shiny sparkles more than the newer Sun/Moon style.

I do wonder about the gyms for these games, I recently heard something about the new gyms, instead of gym "leaders" they're run by gym "masters". Wondering what kind of difference that may have.

Posted March 16 2019, 10:08 am
Vajra
(Moderator)

Report this post
vaporeon-upper.png?raw=1
I didn't enter it, but my main Discord group held a Smash Ultimate tournament. As it turns out, my Pokemon TCG friend from back home won and the prize is going to be a copy of either Sword or Shield, his choice once it's close to release. Thought that was pretty cool XD

Posted March 21 2019, 10:16 am
Hubba98
(Moderator)

Report this post
KasumiFoxen said: Yep! Should be interesting~ I wonder if they will yet again change the shiny animation or not. Personally, I preffer X/Y ORAS Shiny sparkles more than the newer Sun/Moon style.

I do wonder about the gyms for these games, I recently heard something about the new gyms, instead of gym "leaders" they're run by gym "masters". Wondering what kind of difference that may have.

I also prefer the previous shiny animation, it seemed more noticeable.

And wow, Boots! That's a pretty awesome prize!

Posted March 24 2019, 6:32 pm
BlackTailmon
(Moderator)

Nickname: Tailmon, Akemi, Girl from the Card Shop

Report this post
DgJ60Nr.png

My schedule is a bit odd, so my online time is somewhat random, but I'm online very often now. ~ BlackTailmon

I haven't decided which starter I want yet. I need to see evolutions... Please not Fire/Fighting again. XD

t2pTTfY.png

Posted March 25 2019, 10:08 am
Hubba98
(Moderator)

Report this post
BlackTailmon said: I haven't decided which starter I want yet. I need to see evolutions... Please not Fire/Fighting again. XD

I see a lot of people hypothesizing that it's going to be Fire/Fighting xD Rip.

Posted April 3 2019, 1:28 pm
Vajra
(Moderator)

Report this post
vaporeon-upper.png?raw=1
Hubba98 said:
BlackTailmon said: I haven't decided which starter I want yet. I need to see evolutions... Please not Fire/Fighting again. XD

I see a lot of people hypothesizing that it's going to be Fire/Fighting xD Rip.

Really? I've seen a lot of memes saying that, but actual sincere posts about Scorbunny's evos say it might be Fire/Electric.

Posted April 3 2019, 4:09 pm
Roan
(Administrator)

Nickname: Roo, Roro, Ruwu or Roonicorn

Report this post
cjFyx4m.png

1fa.jpg

I am also scared it will be Fighting, but I hope for a new combo. Fire/Fairy would be cool. But I am pretty much open for all that is not Fighting type xD

FE14_Zero_Outlaw_Map_Sprite.gif
The Truth Is Out There

Posted April 4 2019, 11:48 am

Go to page: [1] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Return to Forum List | Go back to Gaming
You must be registered to post on this site.

Monday September 16 2019 3:05 pm
22 users online | About Us | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

All original content on clickcritters.com, dinomon.com, flyffables.com is (c) 2007-2019 Internoodles Limited
All other copyrighted characters are copyrighted by their respective licence holders. We are only a fan site and do not claim ownership of any licensed characters we draw.