Viewing topic - (GA) Design a Forum Text!

Return to Forum List | Go back to Official Competitions

AuthorMessage
Quetzal
(Administrator)

Nickname: Lazy

Report this post
Let's add some life to our forum texts shall we?

Using at least one of the images we have provided, create a forum text and matching avatar illustrating what kind of environment you think the abyssosaur would have lived in. Please keep your forum text visible for judging throughout the month of March.

The prize for any eligible entry is any guest artist adoptable of your choice. A Chubyte, Art Bunny, or Rainbow Chimeleon. The top entry gets 3, any combination they choose.

The rules are simple, hopefully!

1.) Use at least one of the abyssosaur images. We have provided some high resolution images for you to use (https://www.clickcritters.com/images/contests/abyssosaur/).

2.) You can use stock images, but you must have permission to use them as well as follow the rules they have. If they require you to post the source in your forum text, please do, as long as the site is a safe website that doesn't have any dodgy stuff like viruses.

3.) In the entry thread, please post where you got your images from and what you did to make your forum text. Doesn't have to be too detailed, just something like "I got my images from X and Y" or "I draw them from scratch. I used some filters like the noise filters in Photoshop".

4.) You don't have to use Photoshop or an art program either. If you're able to use code to make it cool, then by all means, do it!

5.) Deadline is March 31st, 11:59PM CC time.

6.) Entries on this thread only. Questions and discussion can go into the Q & D thread.

steen.png

PLEASE CLICK MAH STUFF!

Posted February 29 2020, 8:04 pm
Edited February 29 2020, 8:28 pm by Cydewinder
BearScar
(Member)

Report this post

The Fossil Abyssosaur feeds of old fossils burried in the ground. The climate is dry and hot. Sometimes, if the Fossil Abyssosaur is lucky, it can catch some survivor-critters, like the Birdise (Ground). If the Fossil Abyssosaur is not able to find alive prey, it can always smell the delicious marinodon fossils burried below.

The population of Fossil Abyssosaurs is slowly growing after many hard years of starvation, and the numbers are on the way upwards.

Even though the Fossil Abyssosaur are alone most of the time, they eventually gather up in pairs to successfully breed to maintain the population.

I got my two stock free images from https://www.pexels.com/photo/deserted-field-841343/ and https://www.pexels.com/photo/earth-desert-dry-hot-60013/. The first one is for the main background, and the second one is for the tree.

I also used the fossil abyssosaur and the Birdise (Ground) critters.

Mixing the two stock images with some editing in photoshop and placing the critters in makes up a good representation of how I would think the environment of these critters live in is.

-

Posted March 1 2020, 5:27 am
Edited March 11 2020, 10:45 am by BearScar
superstar87
(Member)

Nickname: Superstar

Report this post

Posted March 1 2020, 9:25 am
Edited March 1 2020, 9:30 am by superstar87
Umbreon
(Member)

Report this post
The background is from a website called ict.cat https://www.itl.cat/wallview/iRbToT_purple-space-wallpaper-1920x1080-pictures-5-hd-wallpapers/
I used the abyssosaur (space division) from click critters
I used paint 3d to edit everything.
file:///C:/Users/Umbreon/Pictures/itl.cat_space-wallpaper_147557cbvb.html

Posted March 4 2020, 7:02 am
Jun
(Member)

Nickname: Jun, Junko, Beezy, Funky, Iwabu

Report this post
WIP

Hahaha this is quite messy cause my CSS is like non-existant, so the sizing is probably all wring and wonky on this.
I am sorry for that. I also used an older guide on here, since in-lining css guides were getting me nowhere haha.
So I hope your able to see the image in full...

I used the cure white one with the glowy red border.

for my background, I used This stock photo, tweaked very slightly to just aling to the right instead.

It was one of those "i forgot how to photoshop" days though, so everything was very simple layer effects
(couldnt get the moon glow to work just right haha).
But a few photoshop lighting and contrast tweaking, added some glow to the eyes just because :p

the big one in the back is actually very friendly and doesnt mean any harm
:'B pls dont run from it.

maybe a few enters to make it longer at least :( sorry. Also i guess i miss sized haha whoops. First time doing one of these, sorry about that too!

Posted March 25 2020, 8:50 pm
Edited March 25 2020, 8:53 pm by Jun
partylikeafish
(Member)

Report this post
They say the depths of the ocean are largely unexplored. Myths and legends abound, speculating as to the nature of what lies below. Recently, a species known only as sea divison abyssosaurs has emerged. A true to life horror from the deep, this species preys on anything and everything. Their speed and ferocity can overwhelm even the most experienced of crews, capsizing boats before their passengers are any the wiser. It is said to be wary even when wading along the coastline, for a speck on the horizon can quickly turn into a dangerous encounter. And should you be lucky enough to wash ashore after surviving their onslaught out at sea, go as far inland as you can, for they will come looking, and they are always hungry.

I got the background image from a free stock website (forgot to save the link, i googled it and basically just looked for free stock images that didnt have a watermark on them). Then I used GIMP to place the abyssosaur coming onto shore. Big thank you to Multi for helping me get the code up and working!

The aesthetic I was going for is surrealism. This encompasses both the surrealism of being on this beautiful, picturesque beach, and yet also, the realization that an abyssosaur has just appeared nearby, and will be upon you at any moment. It is a combination of beauty and danger, and I hope everyone who sees/reads this is able to imagine themselves and how how they would feel in that moment.

Posted March 25 2020, 9:24 pm
Edited March 30 2020, 4:00 pm by partylikeafish
Quetzal
(Administrator)

Report this post
I must be able to see your forum text active for you to qualify. Please edit your post/text before the deadline!

steen.png

PLEASE CLICK MAH STUFF!

Posted March 28 2020, 8:27 pm
Quetzal
(Administrator)

Report this post
Closing this, will give out prizes shortly!

steen.png

PLEASE CLICK MAH STUFF!

Posted April 5 2020, 1:10 pm
Return to Forum List | Go back to Official Competitions

Monday April 6 2020 2:46 am
21 users online | About Us | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

All original content on clickcritters.com, dinomon.com, flyffables.com is (c) 2007-2020 Internoodles Limited
All other copyrighted characters are copyrighted by their respective licence holders. We are only a fan site and do not claim ownership of any licensed characters we draw.